21st Century Cures Act:
Insights from ONC National Coordinator Dr. Don Rucker
We are pleased to announce that on Wednesday, October 28th Lightbeam is hosting a special guest for our next thought leadership webinar. Dr. Don Rucker, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC), will present a must-see presentation with Lightbeam’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Kent Locklear. You may recognize Dr. Rucker’s name if you attended our 2019 Users Group Meeting. We are very excited for this opportunity for you to hear from him again. This year, Dr. Rucker will present insights into how the ONC’s Cures Act Final Rule improves the policy and technological foundations for better access, exchange, and use of health data and works in coordination with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Interoperability and Patient Access compatible rule.
This year, he will present insights into how ONC’s Cures Act Final Rule coordinates with the latest Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Interoperability and Patient Access final rule.
Dr. Rucker and Dr. Locklear will:
- Offer an executive summary of the ONC final rule on interoperability, information blocking, and the ONC Health IT Certification Program
- Discuss how the ONC Cures Final Rule coincides with the CMS final rule
- Share important dates regarding both of the rules
- Present how aspects of the rule, like FHIR and HIE requirements, can powerfully impact population health management practices
- Discuss other topics of interest, such as general trends in health IT, price transparency, and more
We anticipate the presentation will be around 30 minutes long, with an additional 20 minutes for Q&A with both physicians. We expect a high volume of questions, and as such, we suggest submitting your question in advance below to ensure you have a chance to hear from Dr. Rucker. We are limiting to one question per registrant.
Don Rucker, M.D.
ONC’s National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Kent Locklear, M.D.
Lightbeam’s Chief Medical Officer
Presentation Coming Soon!