Client Case Study
Chronic Care Management Programs Help Kootenai Care Network Reduce Costs, Improve Outcomes
Estimates show that more than two-thirds of the 40 million Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries are diagnosed with more than one chronic condition. Leveraging Lightbeam’s industry-leading analytics, Kootenai Care Network, a large, clinically integrated network that spans northern Idaho and Spokane, Washington, transformed their chronic care management programs into data-driven patient engagement campaigns. The results were phenomenal—better patient outcomes, reduced unnecessary utilization, and significant savings.
- 12% decrease in total medical PMPM expenditures
- 16% decrease in total professional PMPM expenditures
- 13% decrease in total inpatient PMPM expenditures
- 26% decrease in hospital admissions per thousand patients
- 15% decrease in ED visits per thousand patients
Complete the form to view the entire case study.